The October meeting of the HALRB (Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board) will be begin at 7:30 PM on Wednesday, October 19. The very full agenda includes:
- Modifications requested in the Maywood Local Historic District;
- Arlington Historical Society (owners) request to install a stone outline of a previous addition to the Ball-Sellers House Historic District;
- Modifications to 2900 Columbia Pike, a historic structure in the Columbia Pike Form Based Code;
- Blue Goose Historic Marker presentation and discussion;
- Chairman’s Report on Westover Local Historic District Designation and,
- Local Historic District Designation Hearing for Robert Ball Sr. Family Burial Ground
The Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board (HALRB) advises the County Board on historic preservation matters. The HALRB nominates properties for local and national designation and also reviews plans for exterior alterations, demolition and new construction in locally designated Arlington historic districts through a Certificate of Appropriate (CoA) process.
Citizens and others interested in these topics are encouraged to attend and speak during the public hearing process for each item. Refer to the full agenda to see approximate timing of each item.
The HALRB meeting will be held:
County Board Hearing Room
2100 Clarendon Boulevard