In 2020 the County went live with a new permitting system for planning, development and inspection services. The transition has been smooth. However, it did cause some confusion with how Preservation Arlington recorded and tracked demolition permits.
This is part one two posts on trying to catch up. It is difficult to correlate the old info with the new info, but we do know that 39 permits had February dates on them. There are an additional three dozen homes that were missed in November, December and January and we will post about those later.
For now, the 39 houses represent part of a catch-up on permits. Of the 39, 14 were speculative developments, one was commercial, six were in South Arlington, and six were in National Register Historic Districts.
- 1711 North Barton Street and 2423 16th Street North in the Lyon Village National Register Historic District;
- 1723 North Taylor Street in the Cherrydale National Register Historic District;
- 2326 North Jackson in the Maywood Local Historic District;
- 2415 1st Street South in the Penrose National Register Historic District; and,
- 608 North Garfield in the Lyon Park National Register Historic District.
Last time to see these: