The October meeting of the HALRB (Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board) will be begin at 7:00 PM on Wednesday, October 18 (this is an hour earlier than their usual start time). The agenda includes:
COA Consent Agenda for:
- 2165 North Lincoln Street on after-the-fact request to install two retaining walls in the rear of the property in the Maywood Historic District, click for staff report, and;
- 3202 23rd Street North a request to replace the cedar-shingle roof with asphalt shingles in the Maywood Historic District, click for staff report.
COA Discussion Agenda for:
- 1600 North Lexington Street on request to replace the wood window trim with cellular PVC in the Washington-Torreyson Historic District, click for staff report.
Discussion items include:
- Naming of County Park in south Arlington with some local historical context and suggested names, click for more info.
- Amendment to Section 11.3, Historic Preservation Overlay District, of the Arlington County Zoning Ordinance to change the application process for nominating a property or properties for a local historic designation in Arlington County, click here for staff report.
- MARKS Study
- Washington Boulevard and Kirkwood Road Special General Land Use Plan Study “Plus”, click here for staff report
- Columbia Pike Form Based Code Update, click here for staff presentation.
- Market Common Clarendon Phase II (Site Plan #339 Amendment), click here for staff presentation.
The Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board (HALRB) advises the County Board on historic preservation matters. The HALRB nominates properties for local and national designation and also reviews plans for exterior alterations, demolition and new construction in locally designated Arlington historic districts through a Certificate of Appropriate (CoA) process.
Citizens and others interested in these topics are encouraged to attend and speak during the public hearing process for each item. Refer to the agenda to see approximate timing of each item.
The HALRB meeting will be held:
2100 Clarendon Boulevard
Cherry and Dogwood Rooms, First Floor