Upcoming Hearing: HALRB July 19
The July meeting of the HALRB (Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board) will be begin at 7:30 PM on Wednesday, July 19. The agenda includes:
Discussion on a Certificate of Appropriateness for:
- 2204 North Kenmore on after-the-fact request to install a shed the Maywood Historic District, download the staff report.
Additional Agenda items include:
- Presentation on W&OD Trail Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge over U.S. Route 29
- Presentation on Market Rate Affordable Housing (MARKS) Study and preservation.
- Discussion on Memorial Bench Plaque in Barcroft Park.
- Concept Review of Arlington Presbyterian Church Historic Marker.
- Discussion on Washington-Lee High School Historic Marker.
The Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board (HALRB) advises the County Board on historic preservation matters. The HALRB nominates properties for local and national designation and also reviews plans for exterior alterations, demolition and new construction in locally designated Arlington historic districts through a Certificate of Appropriate (CoA) process.
Citizens and others interested in these topics are encouraged to attend and speak during the public hearing process for each item. Refer to the agenda to see approximate timing of each item.
The HALRB meeting will be held:
2100 Clarendon Boulevard
Cherry and Dogwood Rooms, First Floor