The June meeting of the HALRB (Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board) will be begin at 7:30 PM on Wednesday, June 21. The agenda includes:
Consent Agenda COA’s (Certificate of Appropriateness) for:
- 3900 Lee Highway to install a new flag pole in the Cherrydale Volunteer Fire House Historic District, download the staff report.
- 3303 21st Avenue North to replace the wood-shingle shed roof with asphalt shingles in the Maywood Historic District, download the staff report.
- 2338 N. Fillmore Street to replace an existing stone walkway with pavers in the Maywood Historic District, download the staff report.
- 3213 23rd Street North to install a fixed frame awning on the back porch in the Maywood Historic District, download staff report.
- 5151 14th Street North to amend CoA 16-16 in order to install two vents in the Broadview Historic District, download the staff report.
Discussion Agenda for:
- 400 N. Manchester Street to install fencing and secure the milk shed in the Reevesland Historic District, download staff report.
The HALRB will receive updates on other issues including: WWI Task Force; Stratford Commemorative Committee; Management Intern for HP Program; Upcoming documentary about
the Vietnam War.
The Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board (HALRB) advises the County Board on historic preservation matters. The HALRB nominates properties for local and national designation and also reviews plans for exterior alterations, demolition and new construction in locally designated Arlington historic districts through a Certificate of Appropriate (CoA) process.
Citizens and others interested in these topics are encouraged to attend and speak during the public hearing process for each item. Refer to the agenda to see approximate timing of each item.
The HALRB meeting will be held:
2100 Clarendon Boulevard
Cherry and Dogwood Rooms, First Floor