The April meeting of the HALRB (Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board) will be begin at 7:30 PM on Wednesday, April 19. The agenda includes:
Consent Agenda COA’s (Certificate of Appropriateness) for:
- 2411 24th Street North for minor alterations to the tractor barn in the Fort C.F. Smith Historic District; download Report.
- 1028 South Walter Reed Drive to alter a blade sign in the Columbia Pike Form Based Code; download Report.
- two COA’s (2315 North Kenmore Street, download Report, and 2353 North Edgewood Street, download Report) in the Maywood Historic district; and,
- 5151 14th Street North to construct a shed and greenhouse in the Broadview Historic District, download Report
Discussion Agenda for:
- 3501 21st Avenue North to replace the existing stamped tin roof with asphalt shingles in the Maywood Historic District, download Report
- 2322 North Fillmore Street to demolish the existing dwelling in the Maywood Historic District, download Report
- 2322 North Fillmore Street to construct a new dwelling in the Maywood Historic District, download Report
The HALRB will also receive a committee reports on the survey for the Education Center and Planetarium and The Hermitage.
The Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board (HALRB) advises the County Board on historic preservation matters. The HALRB nominates properties for local and national designation and also reviews plans for exterior alterations, demolition and new construction in locally designated Arlington historic districts through a Certificate of Appropriate (CoA) process.
Citizens and others interested in these topics are encouraged to attend and speak during the public hearing process for each item. Refer to the agenda to see approximate timing of each item.
The HALRB meeting will be held:
2100 Clarendon Boulevard
Cherry and Dogwood Rooms, First Floor