Hall’s Hill Wall Marker Dedicated
On February 26 the Halls Hill/Highview Park Preservation Coalition and County officials unveiled a marker for the Hall’s Hill Wall. Built in the 1930’s between the then-white community of Woodlawn and the African-American community of Hall’s Hill. Portions of the wall were removed in the 1960’s to build Culpeper Street and allow children easier access to local schools. The wall remains today as a symbol of our past.
There was good press coverage including:
Falls Church News-Press