The February meeting of the HALRB (Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board) will be begin at 7:30 PM on Wednesday, February 15. The agenda includes:
- Consent Agenda COA’s (Certificate of Appropriateness) for 2411 24th Street North to remove three pine trees in the Fort C.F. Smith Historic District, and, for 235-317 North Glebe Road to replace six windows in the Buckingham Village Historic District;
- Review of Administrative CoA(s) to install a generator at 2907 23rd Street North in the Maywood Historic District and a request to replace the existing windows at 1760 North Rhodes Street #345 in the Colonial Village Historic District
- Discussion of the plan for Dawson Terrace Park
- Robert Ball Sr. Family Burial Ground Presentation and Design Guidelines
- Additional discussion and reports on: WRAPS (West Rosslyn Area Planning Study); Stratford Use Permit & CoA; WWI Task Force; Hall’s Hill Wall Marker Dedication Ceremony; and, Desegregation Digital Archive
The Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board (HALRB) advises the County Board on historic preservation matters. The HALRB nominates properties for local and national designation and also reviews plans for exterior alterations, demolition and new construction in locally designated Arlington historic districts through a Certificate of Appropriate (CoA) process.
Citizens and others interested in these topics are encouraged to attend and speak during the public hearing process for each item. Refer to the full agenda to see approximate timing of each item.
The HALRB meeting will be held:
2100 Clarendon Boulevard
Cherry and Dogwood Rooms, First Floor