The December meeting of the HALRB (Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board) will be begin at 7:30 PM on Wednesday, December 21. The agenda includes:
- Consent Agenda COA’s (Certificate of Appropriateness) for 2900 Columbia Pike to install rooftop mechanical units in the Columbia Pike Form Based Code Area;
- COA’s for window replacements in the Colonial Village Historic District and a fence in the Maywood Historic District;
- Discussion of the proposed Queens Court siteplan which will result in the demolition of this garden apartment building in Rosslyn;
- Discussion of the revised Stratford School COA submission and the staff response;
- Discussion of the Wilson School Use Permit;
- Update on onsite commemoration of the Stratford School;
- Update on the Ball Family Burial Ground survey; and,
- HALRB business items including voting on 2017 officers.
The Historical Affairs and Landmark Review Board (HALRB) advises the County Board on historic preservation matters. The HALRB nominates properties for local and national designation and also reviews plans for exterior alterations, demolition and new construction in locally designated Arlington historic districts through a Certificate of Appropriate (CoA) process.
Citizens and others interested in these topics are encouraged to attend and speak during the public hearing process for each item. Refer to the full agenda to see approximate timing of each item.
The HALRB meeting will be held:
2100 Clarendon Boulevard
Cherry and Dogwood Rooms, First Floor